6 improvements to your home that will increase the value according to real estate experts and gives the most recovery of costs when you sell:
- Replacing your front door- Old doors can be a huge source of energy loss, and also look outdated. Doors are a 75% recovery return.
- New Siding- Fiber Cement siding shows a 79% return and holds up much better than vinyl and looks outstanding.
- Kitchen upgrade- Minor kitchen updates, such as cabinets or flooring or new appliances will get you a 67% return at sale.
- Decks and patios- This gives you a great way to expand space and be with nature. Decks will give you a 65% return at sale.
- Turning attic space into a bedroom- You can gain living space, the walls and floor and ceiling are already there helping costs. This will get you a 53% return and additional space to advertise.
- New garage door- New garage doors provide a big boost to your curb appeal, and can be a inexpensive over all fix. Replacing a garage door will give you a 87% return at sale.